CUSTOMER AUTHS...Yeti not selecting the correct POP and the Actual Call

@dmitry.s

We have a setup with 3 pops, PoP “X” , PoP “Y” and PoP “Z” . We are trying to route calls between Vendor and Customer gateways on the same PoP, which is PoP Z.

All the gateways below to the same PoP "Z"of the Equipment/Gateway Settings and The Customer_Auth Specifies PoP “Z” also. Te setup is as below.

Customer Gateway ----------------> Yeti-SEMS ------------------------> Vendor Gateway
[PoP Z] [PoP Z] [PoP Z]

Running route simulation the call is terminated properly when PoP “Z” is selected. The call fails if another PoP which is not Z is selected. Which is exactly what we need.

However, the problem is when we make an actual call, Yeti is saying the calls is from PoP “X” and Customer Auth Fails

LOG

WARNING: process_dp: Gateway POP is 6, call pop 4, skipping.
WARNING: process_dp: Gateway POP is 6, call pop 4, skipping.
6.282 ms -> Dialpeer search done
6.331 ms -> DONE.

Gateway POP attribute affects only gateways sorting order in Gateway Group if prefer same pop flag is enabled or if case balancing mode is Priority/Weigth balancing. Prefer gateways from same POP or Priority/Weigth balancing. Exclude gateways from other POPs depends on yeti version.

However, the problem is when we make an actual call, Yeti is saying the calls is from PoP “X” and Customer Auth Fails

looks like your SEMS configured in wrong way. What pop_id configured for POP Z SEMS node in system.cfg?

i am using v1.8.2 and have implimented Priority/Weigth balancing. Exclude gateways from other POPs

also have just double checked system.cfg

The Sems Node_ID “8” corresponds to the PoP_ID “6” for the sems node in system.cfg

On Yeti Web, PoP 6 is PoP “Z” whilst node 8 is has my SEMS node IP address configured

Could you show me your system.conf? You can send it to PM.

Could you also show node_id from sems.conf at pop Z?

I have send the configs to you PM

Thanks for the config guideline. I am yet to test it and make an update to this thread accordingly