Error when writing the auth-log after upgrade

I get an error message after everything is upgraded to 1.12.

[9309/9358] [yeti:cdr/CdrWriter.cpp:823] ERROR: SQL exception on CdrWriter thread: ERROR:  smallint out of range
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function write_auth_log(boolean,integer,integer,double precision,smallint,character varying,integer,character varying,integer,character varying,character varying,character varying,character varying,character varying,character varying,character varying,boolean,smallint,character varying,character varying,character varying,character varying,integer,character varying,character varying,character varying,integer,smallint,character varying,character varying,character varying,character varying,character varying) line 7 at assignment

[9309/9359] [yeti:cdr/CdrWriter.cpp:643] ERROR: Cant write record to master database

It is interesting that two SEMS are operated on completely different hardware.
But this error message only appears on one of them. Of course, all configurations were compared with each other.

What is going wrong?
Everything else works fine.

Are you using load balancer? What specific version of each components you running? What pop_id and node_id configured in sems.conf?

I also suspected the pop_id and the node_id as the cause. However, I had only shortened the Node_ID for testing…

Now I have shortened both and it works. Because the other sems had a shorter ID.

The ID that was used was simply too long. It was a 6-digit number sequence that helped us to immediately recognize the location of the machine in the ID.

But why did it work in the old version 1.11?

Perhaps it would be helpful for others to either mention a limit for this value in the documentation or not to use SmallINT…

I am not sure we have auth log in 1.11.

Perhaps it would be helpful for others to either mention a limit for this value in the documentation or not to use SmallINT…

yes, we have to add validation to sems to not allow such values.