How to Update Multiple Dialpeers via Import

Hi
I created about 10 Dialpeers and simply want to change the rates.
I tried downloading as CSV file, modifying the rates, and importing back with “only update”

I noticed that the existing dialpeers still did not change from the old value. Please how do I modify dialpeer rates in batch?

You have to “Apply Unique columns” to define how imported data should be matched with existing dialpeers

Thanks for your response Dmitry.
But to apply unique column, will I need to use a script for this?
Cos I downloaded the dialpeer csv, and the ID is a unique column. I uploaded with the ID but does’t seem to work.

So please, how do I apply unique columns?

Hi @dmitry.s
Hello @EAfang
I’m new with YETI and now stuck at this stage. How I need to use “Apply Unique columns” feature? What I need to select?
Thanks for your any help.

When you are importing dialpeers, after you have uploaded the CSV file it will display the contents on your screen in a temporary table. First make sure all the data looks correct from your CSV. If it doesn’t fix that first. To get the right format you may want to create some dialpeers first and then export.

If all looks good, you need to tell it whether these entries on your screen should be created as new dialpeers or to update existing ones. To do this use the “apply unique columns” button up the top right.
This is how you tell Yeti how to tell if the entry is an existing entry or a new entry.
For example if you pick “Prefix” column within the Apply unique columns screen that tells it that you want to find any dialpeer already in the system with the same prefix, if it matches then it will update the dialpeer instead of creating a new one.

If you have multiple dialpeers with the same prefix, then just selecting prefix won’t be sufficient to make sure its updating the correct one. You’ll need to select prefix and something else to match, for example vendor_id if you are updating rates and only want to update dialpeers for a specific prefix and vendor.

It will give you a count up the top with For Create and For Update to tell you how many it is doing. Then you can click create new ones, create and update or only update to complete the import.

Thank you very much @SamuelLay for detailed explanation. Now its works as should. For me was unclear “apply unique columns” feature logic.