Switch to another termination gateway after fulfilled commitment

Hi.

First to be cleared. Commitment for me is agreed with voice operator where I am obligated to send to them some amount of minutes. After that I need to change to another termination gateway. This is my monthly job and I am curious it is possible to done by automatic.

You can use admin API to change routing, so it is possible to develop external script for such automation

Yes, I thought this, but first I have to check how many minutes I sent to operator.

You could write a bash script that queries the DB every 1 minute and if the target minute is reached, then DO THE SWITCH… (check out sample script below)

To do the switching between termination gateways, you could simply create a Routing Plan having Max rerouting attempts == 1, then give higher priority to the dialpeers of the 1st Termination GW/Contractor. If Total minutes is reached, simply disabling the 1st GW/Contractor causes the new call attempts to be routed via the 2nd GW/Contractor.

THE SCRIPT BELOW WAS NOT TESTED BUT GIVES YOU A FRAMEWORK TO START FROM

#!/bin/bash

export PGPASSWORD='POSTGRES_PSSWD'
DB_CDR="cdr"
current_date=$(date "+%Y %m %d")

while getopts c:g:t: option; do
  case "${option}" in

c) contractor_id=${OPTARG} ;;
  g) gateway_id=${OPTARG} ;;
  t) minutes_treshold=${OPTARG} ;;
  esac
done

update_contractor() {
  # UPDATE
  curl --location --request PUT "http://127.0.0.1:6666/api/rest/admin/contractors/{$1}" \
    --header "Content-Type: application/vnd.api+json" \
    --header "Authorization: Bearer $2" \
    --data-raw "{
    \"data\": {
        \"type\": \"contractors\",
        \"id\": $1,
        \"attributes\": {
            \"enabled\": $3
        }
    }
    }"
}

jwt_token=$(curl --location --request POST 'http://127.0.0.1:6666/api/rest/admin/auth/' \
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --data-raw '{
    "auth": {
        "username": "api_user",
        "password": "api_password"
    }
}' | jq '.jwt' | sed -e 's/"//g')

# STEP 1
total_minutes=$(psql -X -A -d $DB_CDR -U $DB_CDR -h localhost -p 5432 -t -c "SELECT row_to_json(t3) FROM (SELECT SUM(duration) AS total_minutes FROM cdr.cdr WHERE TO_CHAR(time_start,'YYYY MM DD')=$current_date AND customer_id=$contractor_id ) t3")

if [[ "$total_minutes" -ge "$minutes_treshold" ]];
then
    update_contractor "$contractor_id" "$jwt_token" false
fi

Run Your Script as

/path/script.sh -c 5 -g 1 -t 10000

Within script, I am not using -g… You may need to choose between -g or -c depending on if dealing with contractor or gateway

cronjob

• /path/script.sh -c 5 -g 1 -t 10000