Termination and Origination via Different Servers

Hi All,

I have two servers installed, one for customer node. and another dedicated for Terminating the calls to the carriers/providers.

I was looking for an option to pass the calls originated from the customer node via the dedicated Terminating Node on to the carriers. Currently it seems to be terminating through the customer node itself.

I have tried to set the dialpeer’s routing gateway to the Terminating gateway, but haven’t worked. No other options can be seen on the web interface as well.

Is this something we need to configure manually on sems config file under routing?

Appreciate the help.

It is not clear why you want pass calls via two nodes. Could you explain use case, why you need this?

Hi Dimitri,

I would like to have a separate node for Ingress (facing the customer) calls and another for Engress (Facing the supplier gateways)

Basic Call flow would be as below,
Client > ingress-node > Engress-Node > Supplier Gateway

Thanks

yes, this is clear. Question what problem you are going to solve with this architecture? Why you want to do this?

Hi Dimitry,

I will be having multiple ingress nodes facing the customer side. Hence I would like to route all their traffic via one Egress node to the suppliers than multiple nodes.

At the moment the call is generated to the Egress gateway within the node where the client is registered. Example: If the client is registered on node2, the Egress to the supplier will be generated from node 2 itself.

By separating the Egress and and ingress it would be much easier to troubleshoot any problem which arises within us and the supplier.

By separating the Egress and and ingress it would be much easier to troubleshoot any problem which arises within us and the supplier.

From my point of view benefits still not clear. You may achieve this by adding termination gw that points to another your yeti node. And then additional customer auth to accept this call and route to your supplier. In this case you will have two independent calls and two CDRs. Also such architecture will not simplify troubleshooting for sure. Anyway I don’t recommend to do so.

If you want send call calls to supplier via same IP you have to use kamailio load balancer/sip proxy instead of forwarding call between nodes.

At the moment the call is generated to the Egress gateway within the node where the client is registered.

Actually call sent from node where it received from originator and it not related to registration. If your customers registering directly on yeti nodes - this is bad design because yeti node will be single point of failure.

Hi dimitry,

Thanks for the info.

Yes, you are correct. It could get complicated for the on-net calls. I believe I can resolve this by adding a kamailio load balancer/sip proxy as you suggested.

Many Thanks. :slight_smile: