Transcoding Only when there is No Common Codec

Hi Everyone
Please is it possible to Disable Transcoding on Yeti Switch?

Or better still use a Common Codec when possible? Example
Offer == (PCMA, PCMU,G729)
Answer == (PCMU)

Yeti-Switch will transcode from PCMA to PCMU because PCMA had higher priority at the Offer…

But since PCMU is Common, is it possible to tell Yeti to use the Common Codec?

It will depends what codec negotiated on other leg - you can affect it by configuring codec groups

hello, same problem here, it seems that codecs are selected only with priority factor.
I have the same codec group for origination and termination (1:g729, 2:pcma,3:pcmu) if the origination sends with codec pcma, on the other side, termination side, it will be selected the first in priority (g729).
How can I force to use only common codecs? I would like to avoid transcoding as much as possible.
Thanks

We will add feature to avoid transcoding in future version.

ok! thank you!

Hi,
regarding the same topic:
Could there be an error in documentation?
Codec Groups states in docs:
“Codec priority in SDP. Less value means higher priority. Must be unique within group.”

Means, 100 is below 90 because 90 is less value which is meaning higher priority?

Im asking this because:
Order mode in Codec Groups view is exactly opposite (100 ist higher than 90) and also in SDP looks like the codec with 100 is higher than the codec with 90.

Also last question:
Is there a time roadmap for the “do not transcode” feature? If sponsoring would be an option you can also contact me dmitry.s

In recent version of switch, there is option to try to choose a common codec if it exists.
However, you can avoid transcoding for now by specifying only one same codec on the codec group of vendor and customer gateways.

Hi, I did exactly that but doenst work with 1.11
Thats why I asked if the documentation is correct about Priority

You are right, documentation is not correct there. Top SDP codec should have bigger priority value.

Have you tried TRY AVOID TRANSCODING option in gw?